Choose Your Own Adventure
Practitioner vs. Teacher Certification Options
A CERTIFIED PRACTITIONER:
- Demonstrates excellence in the execution of Fly Fusion® in: Technique, musicality, and dancing with others
- Has an incredibly solid understanding of all vocabulary, concepts, rules, and philosophy of specific phase of Fly Fusion®
- Is listed on our website as a Certified Practitioner of that phase
- Is approved to move to the next phase of Practitioner training
- Receives an authorized Practitioner Certificate from us via snail mail
- Is expected to complete basic continuing education to uphold a standard of excellence in their practice
- Has online access to our network of fellow Certified Practitioners
A CERTIFIED TEACHER:
- Is a Certified Practitioner and...
- Has our blessing to teach that specific phase of Fly Fusion®
- Demonstrates excellence in their ability to: Plan a class, lead a class, deal with classroom issues, create community, and convey the material of Fly Fusion® to multiple levels of dancers
- Is listed on our website as a Certified Teacher of that phase
- Is approved to move to the next phase of Teacher Training
- Receives an authorized Teacher Certificate from us via snail mail
- Is expected to complete basic continuing education to uphold a standard of excellence in their practice and teaching
- Has online access to our network of fellow Certified Teachers
as far as you want to go
Gain Practitioner or Teacher Certification in one, two, three, or four phases of Fly Fusion®
Certified Fly Fusion® Foundation Practitioner | Certified Fly Fusion® Foundation Teacher
Certified Fly Fusion® Metamorphosis Practitioner | Certified Fly Fusion® Metamorphosis Teacher
Certified Fly Fusion® Expansion Practitioner | Certified Fly Fusion® Expansion Teacher
Certified Fly Fusion® Pillars Practitioner | Certified Fly Fusion® Pillars Teacher
Become a ProFLYssor™
For the truly obsessed: Take your Fly Fusion® teaching to the highest level! A ProFLYssor™ has successfully completed all phases of our Fly Fusion® Teacher Training and continues to actively be a part of the Fly Fusion® global community. A ProFLYssor™ may have special opportunities for teaching, performing, and attending extraordinarily nerdy Fly gatherings. This program is still in development. Stay tuned for more information!
What if I can't choose between the Practitioner and Teacher Certification routes?
If at all in doubt or you have any potential plans or dreams of teaching Fly in the future: Go the Teacher Certification route. If you decide down the road you want to do the Teacher Certification (once you've completed the Practitioner), you will need to come to the intensive again to complete the program hours specifically for teachers. If you have zero interest in ever teaching, go with the Practitioner Certification. Read the above lists for the benefits of each certification.
Is there homework?
Yes. Homework assignments will be sent via email shortly after registration is completed. There will also be some items to complete following the intensive.
Do I have to test if I attend the program?
Testing is only required if you'd like to go onto the next phase of the program. You are welcome to attend the program and not test.
Can I test outside of the intensive?
Yes, as long as it is within 18 months of the intensive you attended. There is a fee for testing, both inside of and outside of the intensive. Please contact us if you'd like to set up an appointment. If you are past the 18 month window, you will need to attend the intensive again.
If I don't pass the test, can I test again?
Yes... oh gosh, yes. There is a fee for every time you test, but you are welcome to take the test as many times as you need to.
Can I still test if I haven't attended every part of the intensive?
No. Students must attend every piece of our intensive to qualify for testing, no exceptions. In the case of illness or emergency, a student can attend the missed hours in a later intensive and in some cases, for a fee, make up missed material via webcam interaction.
What can I do with my spot if I can no longer attend the intensive I have registered for?
We do not offer refunds for registration or transfers to future intensives, however, you are welcome to sell your spot to another dancer. Please contact us if you are transferring your spot to someone else and if you would like us to reach out to our waiting list.
How can I be updated on latest program news?
Join our email newsletter list!